Friday, March 30, 2007

An Evening Walk in Late March

I went downstairs about 16:00, and then did a few things (I think one of them was to put a drop of antibiotic fluid in mom’s eye). I then started along my alley toward South Avenue about 16:45.

I then remembered that I had videos to return that I had forgotten. I returned to my bedroom, got them, and left again at 16:55. I went to the South Branch of the Toledo-Lucas County Public Library, returned the DVDs, and started on my walk at 17:03.

I decided to go west (left) on Colburn. As I pass the corner of Colburn, and the street were the “drug house” used to be (near the old St. James Catholic Church) I saw a fellow that used to be part of the movement there.

I went across the street to talk to him. I asked him if he knew about the “block watch” meeting at the Aurora Gonzalez administrative offices. He didn’t but he said they were going to start up the group like we had before (not a formal ‘block watch”), and he had plans to try to get the landlords behaving more responsibly.

We chatted about 20 minutes, and then went our separate ways (he had a little bull-dog that started tugging at his left pant’s leg from jealousy because its “master” was paying attention to me rather than it). I turned right (north) onto Stebbins, and followed South Avenue west (right) across the Anthony Wayne Trail, and then turned left (south) onto Griffin.

I then followed Daniels south (a shallow right turn). I arrived at Prouty, and a side street just before you cross Hawley at 17:36. I followed Prouty until I turned left (south) onto Woodsdale at 17:53. I then came to the corner of Woodsdale, and Nelson at 17:57.

I turned east (left) on Nelson. I turned left (north) onto Lodge at 18:05. I turned right (east) onto Grafton, and at 18:10 turned left (north) onto Carlton. At 18:14 I turned east (right) onto Colburn, and at 18:26 I arrived at the Wendy’s on South Avenue, and the Anthony Wayne Trail. I started to get a grilled chicken combo, but the cashier said it would be 12 minutes before the chicken would be ready.

That decided me on a fish sandwich. That wasn't quite ready either, but they said it would be four minutes. While I waited they got together the chili that I wanted and a “Dr. Pibb”, which was pretty good. I ate my meal, and then ordered a fish sandwich for mom after I found that she would eat one in the second call I made to her. The sandwiches were very good, mom liked hers better than McDonald's fish sandwiches (which she usually gets).

I left the Wendy’s about 18:57. I then walked on South Avenue, crossed the Trail, and then saw kids (20-25 of them) playing on the playground equipment at the Aurora Gonzalez Commity Center playground. I think that is the most that I have ever seen on playground equipment at one time. Some older teens and adults kept watch over them (either walking around the area where all the kids play), or playing some games within eye– and ear-shot of that scramble.

At 19:05 as I was passing the Marathon station on South Avenue, near Broadway. A city bus came to the stop there, and let a guy off. I arrived home at 19:14. I then talked to mom, and watched some tv before I decided to try to finish this writing. I went upstairs at 19:46, but mom called and said we should put drops in her eyes. I confirmed that, and returned to do them. I went upstairs at 20:07 to try to make these entries. I finished the above at 20:40. Now it is time to save the above, put some of into my blog, and read a little while before I turn into bed early. I am really tired.

No comments: