Friday, March 30, 2007

Walking Around the Neighborhood

I went on a walk about 11:55. I walked east on South, crossed at Langdon, and headed south. I crossed at Broadway, and mailed Mrs. Taylor two cards (one from mom and one from me). I then followed Colburn east, and turned south (right) onto Congress. I turned left (east) on Orchard, and at 12:00 I encountered two Division of Water trucks (Nos. 5101 and 5162) that had crews trying to stop what seemed to be leak. I continued east, and at 12:06 turned north (left) onto Maumee. I then turned left (west) onto Colburn, and then right (north) onto Congress. I crossed South Avenue, and went into the “Broadway Food Center” where I bought the bananas I buy there every other day for .39/lb. I then left the store, crossed Broadway, and went through the parking lot of South Heritage Shopping Center (a strip mall that was going to save our local economy), and out onto the sidewalk by Walbridge. I turned west (left), and walked until I came to the alley that runs behind my garage. I had encountered our mail carrier, “Tammy”, who my mom, Mrs. Taylor (our neighbor), and Irene all say they love. She works hard, but still has time to be friendly. We talked for a few minutes as we went the same direction on her route. I had worked at the Main Post Office, and found out that her mother had worked there on the LSMs (which I also did). I didn’t catch her name (she may have been on a different shift), but I reminisced about my days of “learning a scheme”. She brings credit to the Postal Service by being the hard-working, friendly person she is.

No comments: