Tuesday, May 15, 2007

An Empty Lot at 438 Langdon Avenue

I wrote this note:

I am writing in regard to your property at 438 Langdon Avenue. The yard isn’t being maintained. The grass has grown to mid-thigh.
I would like the job of mowing the lawn. It is within walking distance of my house, and I could use the extra money. I figure my time is worth $10.00/hr. I figure the first mowing might be about one-and-a-half (1.5) hours worth of work, and maybe 45-60 minutes each week thereafter. If you are interested in hiring me call..

I have contacted the Division of Code Enforcement, City of Toledo, to let them know my concerns. If you don’t find my terms reasonable they will mow your lawn, and send you a bill.

I am also willing to consider buying the property for taxes due plus around $225. From the latest information posted on the the AREIS website I see the taxes owed are approximately $1471. Since you aren’t paying the taxes on the property (approximately $600 per year) the arrears will continue to grow. I would pay you at this time $1700. Also, the last purchase of this property was on 5/9/2003 for $500.00. I doubt the value of an empty lot has gone up since then. The back taxes adds to the lack of attractiveness of the property. If you pay the back taxes I might consider paying you $700.00 for the property.

We would need to run this by a lawyer, and do a title search to see if there are problems, but I would want the land primarily as speculation, and to keep the property looking half-way decent since I live in the neighborhood. The people living on either side might want to buy the property to add to theirs.

Enclosed is a photo showing the state of your vacant lot.

No comments: