Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Storm Passes Through

A storm passed over our block, and blew down a tree. I have been trying to get pictures uploaded, but I am having trouble with the connection. I can get on other sites, but I can't upload images I have on a SD Card. I went upstairs to look at "Swamp Bubbles" before taking my shower. I saw the tree outside my window shaking violently so I hurried downstairs (with thoughts of the basement). I checked the tv, and saw that the storm seemed to be more of a problem for the eastern side of Lucas County. My mom then called me to the front door, and asked if that was a neighbor outside in the street. My mother's eyesight is affected by macular degeneration. I saw the neighbor was trying to remove a large limb from the street so I hurried out (about 7:00 PM) to give her a hand, and saw my neighbor across the way also rushing to help. Between the three of us we cleared the street, and as I turned around I noticed a large tree that had come uprooted from the ground, and was resting its upper limbs on a house toward the South Avenue end of the street. I went down to investigate, and found that a large limb had cracked from the fallen tree, and was blocking a side alley. I took out some of the smaller branches, and put them into a yard (temporarily) of a house whose occupants had moved out of state. I thank the powers that be for abandoned houses. They can act as temporary storage places until we have time to cut up the branches, and make them small enough for the city crews to remove.

I'll try to have pictures soon.

No comments: